All about Noah!

Posted by Amber , Friday, August 1, 2008 Friday, August 01, 2008


This post is dedicated to Noah. I thought I would let everyone know what the little man is up to lately. He is a very busy kid! I hope you enjoy...

Update on swimming lessons~
I took Noah to the pool again a couple days ago and he dunked his face multiple times again! He keeps his mouth open though, so I think he is swallowing lots of pool water. I am trying to think of a technique to get him to close his mouth. He also allowed me to tip him sideways and submerge his ears, and I laid him on my shoulder trying to get him comfortable with the floating position. He usually just says "up" anytime I try to get him to float, but he was actually laughing when I was practicing this step with him. We went to the beach yesterday, and the last time he was at the beach he was terrified! Well this time he was screaming with joy every time the water came up to him. He laughed and splashed and had a great time... until I wasn't watching carefully enough and a wave came up and hit him straight in the face. He wasn't into the water after that one. Oops!

Noah Falling~
Uncle Shaun this is all your fault! :) When we were back in Colorado right before we left, we were spending time with the parents and Noah was very interested in something uncle Shaun kept doing. I will try to explain it... Shaun would run super fast onto the hardwood flooring, and would sit down and slide across the floor. Over and over and over again! Little did I know that my son was watching Shaun very carefully! Ever since we have been here, Noah runs across the room as fast as he can and just falls... purposefully! He face plants on the floor and laughs and does it again! The noise he causes the neighbors below to deal with I am not sure, but he has come close to some major injuries! Oh-No!

Climbing~
He loves to climb on everything now. So far he has climbed onto the dining room chair and fell off head first. He climbs onto the couch, stands up and tries to run across it. He brings his clothing basket out, flips it over, and stands on top of that. He flips his toy box over and stands on that. He tries to climb onto the coffee table and side table. He runs across mom and dad's bed and falls off. I have pretty much covered most of the surfaces in the house. Yikes! I can already see the injuries happening.

Words~
Noah is using more and more words as the days continue! It is still baby talk... you know the kind that only mom and dad understand? It is pretty funny though. The highlight is Noah's bird sound. Unfortunately there is no way for me to give it justice by trying to explain it. I am doing my best to get it on video and posted, but I thought I would bring it up quickly. He taught himself the sound... we have loud tropical birds that make lots of noise in the morning, and one particular morning this bird started chirping and all of a sudden, I heard this shrill scream coming from the baby monitor! Seconds later the bird chirped again and then Noah yelled back. It was hilarious! So now he says "Bir" and screams his bird sound. I also taught him to say his name. When I ask him "What is your name" he replies "Nana". Way to go Noah! My personal favorite... right before bedtime when I get him in jammies, I give him his blanket to snuggle with right before bedtime. He will walk around with his blanket and go to daddy and say "aggle" for "snuggle" and will just lay there with him. Ohhh it is the cutest thing! I love it. Every Monday/Wednesday morning the trash man comes, and the dumpster is right in front of our condo, so Noah will run to the window when he hears him coming and watches the truck and looks at me screaming "uck" and laughs! Yes Noah, the truck! I can think of lots more, but those are the highlights!

I hope everyone feels a little closer to Noah now that you can see what he is up to. We miss everyone so much! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Amber

1 Response to "All about Noah!"

Unknown Says:

That is so cute. Thanks so much for the update. He will defiantly become a little water baby before you know it. And I love that he asks to snuggle. Too cute! Love your blog, keep it up.