When did clothes shopping become so difficult?

Posted by Amber , Thursday, September 11, 2008 Thursday, September 11, 2008

I received money and gift cards this year for my birthday since we are so far away, and I have decided to put it towards some new clothes. I had to get rid of a lot of my clothes when we moved because I couldn't fit them all in the suit cases. Had I known then that the only shopping here is Walmart, Kmart and Macy's, I would have chosen to force more clothes into those suit cases.

Since Walmart clothes practically fall apart once you buy them, I decided to shop at Macy's. Let me take you back 5 years... I have never had a hard time shopping for clothes. Everything always fit right when I tried it on. Nothing looked bad or awkward and I was literally in and out of the store once I found something I liked.

Well... ever since that wonderful little thing called 'Pregnancy' happened, my life has just not been the same. I struggle to find clothes that fit properly and look good. I am only 23, so I still like certain parts of the Juniors section more than the Women's section. I don't like the tees that have slogans all over them, or the super high belly shirts anymore, but I do like this look of jeans/shorts and some solid colored tops. Well for some reason they just don't fit right anymore. The jeans are way too low and the tops are way too tight. So I say... "okay Amber, you had a baby, so your body has curves now. Junior size jeans won't look as good because they are meant to fit bodies that aren't that curvy."

So... I take a trip over to the scary Women's section. All I find are high top jeans and extremely dressy outfits. I am not saying that it would be bad to look like this, but lets face it... how often does a stay at home mom need clothes like that? Rarely! I am just an average lady that would like to have jeans/tops look good without over dressing and/or popping out at the seams.

I have also realized two things... I have to wear the huge sizes in Juniors and the smaller sizes in women's, and the women's items are almost double in price as the juniors! What?! I spent probably 45 minutes walking around the store and left with nothing. How frustrating! If only we had the GAP! I also liked Target clothes too, but we don't have that either.

To finish it all off, I only have a small amount of clothes and can't seem to find any that I like... what to do?

1 Response to "When did clothes shopping become so difficult?"

Anonymous Says:

Try oldnavy.com. I'm not sure if you're into their styles but they include a pre-paid return bag so if the clothes don't fit you can send them back and exchange them for a different size, color or item and they'll ship it back to you for free. I love it because I have TONS of trouble finding clothes that fit too and I also don't have the time to go shopping with two small kids in tow...