We're expecting!

Posted by Amber , Wednesday, September 16, 2009 Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ben and I are expecting our second child!

As most of you know, we had a miscarriage about 6 months ago. This time around has brought feelings of anxiety and fear. We met with our OB at around 6 weeks. She did an ultrasound, and there was nothing yet... I was still just too early along. She said that everything looked good though. We had to wait three weeks for our next ultrasound, which we had this past Monday.

She immediately found a heartbeat!



I have been sick the last three weeks, so I had a very strong feeling that everything was just fine. Seeing the heartbeat and our little baby blob there was so reassuring though, and I feel so much better now!

The heart rate was 162. They measured me at 8 weeks 4 days. My due date is April 24. The sickness is getting a bit better because I know what and how often I need to eat to minimize that.

Other than that, we start our pregnancy journey again. Next doctor visit is 4 weeks!

2 Response to "We're expecting!"

Mindy Vaupel Says:

that was MY due date ;) I'm so happy for you guys!

emily Says:

Congratulations! Can't wait to meet my new nephew or niece! I hope you get over the yucky phase soon!